[Olsr-dev] questions regarding v2 coding style / lang

Harald Geyer (spam-protected)
Tue Sep 9 02:14:08 CEST 2008

> > everything is gnu, last time I checked I think (well it's quite some
> > time ago) AIX cc didn't like that and why would anybody want to write
> > unportable code?
>
> IBM should then fix their C compiler IMHO.
> And details and facts please (and into the docs). Just because the
> grapevine tells me something about some old compilers somewhere[0] ...

Well, that might be difficult right now...
Anyway: I checked and block local declaration is definitely supported
by ANSI C so I guess that's not an issue.

> Even less as there is some somewhat recent gcc for virtually everywhere.

There also is an universal OS running on virtually any hardware. Why
support these other obscure Systems like Windows and Mac? - SCNR

Harald