[Olsr-dev] questions regarding v2 coding style / lang

Kaplan L. Aaron (spam-protected)
Sun Sep 7 12:08:14 CEST 2008

On Sep 7, 2008, at 11:10 AM, Hannes Gredler wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 10:57:58AM +0200, Kaplan L. Aaron wrote:
> | hi!
> |
> | Henning and me have been chatting about a new better coding style
> and/
> | or using C++ for OLSRv2
> | As far as we can see now, C++ will involve to much bloat (mainly
> | because stdlibc++ is so big, not because C++ is bloaty).
> |
> | If we can't use C++ and boost etc. in order to keep things nice, we
> | will need a better coding style for v2.
> | Any suggestions regarding this?
> |
> | What works best for you for small embedded devices while keeping
> | things very portable and small and readable?
>
> may i ask why you think coding-style and language selection are
> related ?

space compression in emails - I just mentioned it in the same email :)))

Of course they are mostly unrelated.

> IMO the two are totally unrelated and we should focus what matters
> which
> is coding style and regression testing and embedded unit testing.

> those are the things that ultimately make up the quality of software.

agreed.  If we wanted to we could also do bullshit in C++ of course
hehe.
OK, just going thru the packetbb code with Henning, and it is in C
again but seems very clean .

But for example - that was a question we had - what consistent naming
convention should we employ for v2 ?

a.