[Olsr-dev] httpinfo IPv6 patch

Alina Friedrichsen (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 18 04:34:20 CET 2008

Hi Bernd!

> I think we should better add another label. Yes, "goto" is evil.

I think "goto" is the cleanest way to make a destruktor for a function in C. See the Linux kernel.

> In the (somewhat) near future, I'm somewhat copying - more or less - the
> non-blocking data write code from the txtinfo plugin to the httpinfo
> plugin to get the blocking I/O out of the way there too.

Write a HTTP server library that can be shared by both plugins?

> I actually disable that (read: write 1 in there via /etc/sysctl.conf)
> everywhere per default (if I'm root;-).

I disable it only in my new OpenWrt init.d-Script, if it should start an IPv6 and an IPv4 instance of the olsrd parallel, so that the plugins can bind to the same port. And after that I restore the old setting.

(The BusyBox daemons depend on thats enabled.)

> There were some some strange problem somewhere just because of this
> AFAIK quite Linux-specific behaviour.

I think this feature is nice for the olsrd, so that I can say it should bind to the IPv6 port and IPv4 port, if run the olsrd for IPv6 meshing only. And I can say that it should bind to the IPv6 port only, so that a second IPv4 olsrd instance can bind to the IPv4 port. (I mine the ports of the plugins.)

cu
Alina

--
Sensationsangebot nur bis 30.11: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a