[Olsr-dev] OLSRd 0.5.4 and 0.5.5 with ETT available

Erik Tromp (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 12 17:29:33 CET 2008

Hi Henning,

Your attitude seems a bit like that of a teenager in the midst of puberty -
or are you ;-)  ?

Sometimes one has other things to do besides writing code for a volunteer
project.

As a good volunteer, I guess you have picked up where I left and filled in
the TODO's wherever you could :-) It would be so marvellous when we could
all see your contribution in a short time from now.

Currently I have filled in some of the gaps, but as I indicated, there are
private and professional matters that have a higher priority at this moment.

Things take time; e.g. OLSRd is now also in development for many years. As
soon as I have more that is fit for release I will let you know.

> There is no code at all for ETT calculation,
Your statement is *not* true; if you've no idea what you are talking about
then you might as well shut up. The current olsr-lc code calculates the ETT
values based on a staticly (configurable) link speed value, and combines
that with the (run-time determined) ETX value to achieve an estimation of
the ETT value.

The plugin that still needs to be written can determine (at run-time) also
the speed value of each link.

So when can I expect your contribution?

Best regards,
Erik