[Olsr-dev] memory related mapper functions and DL malloc

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat May 24 00:34:28 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Hendrik Scholz <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've added olsr_ prefixes to all free() and calloc() calls to be in sync
> with olsr_malloc().

> DL malloc is known to make malloc() and free() amazingly fast while
> not wasting memory. From previous applications I know that it
> uses a little bit more memory but the performance was more than worth it.
Sounds really good... Hannes wrote sometime similar (but more
primitive) for the cookie system in the new development builds (see
olsr_cookie.c), maybe we could integrate the two systems.

How large (in bytes) is the executable code of the new system ?

"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt
Marti)