[Olsr-dev] events/notifications for route changes?

Ian Rose (spam-protected)
Fri May 23 00:05:22 CEST 2008

Greetings all,

I'm just getting started with OLSR hacking and I'm interested in
developing a plugin that would receive some kind of notification from
the OLSR core code whenever a network route is updated (added, deleted,
changed).  From digging through the code (v0.5.5) I see that there seems
to be a mechanism by which plugins can register callbacks for when
network interfaces are added/removed (add_ifchgf and del_ifchgf in
src/interfaces.h).  But I am unable to find analogous functions to
registering callbacks for when routes change.  Does such a thing exist?

Obviously I could hack around this by scanning the whole routing table
every X seconds and looking for differences from the last time I looked,
but this is rather less appealing to me than a nice simple callback
mechanism.

thanks very much for any pointers,

Ian Rose
Harvard University