[Olsr-dev] (no subject)

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed May 21 08:18:47 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch 21 Mai 2008 08:07:00 schrieb Sven-Ola Tücke:
> Moins,
>
> no. Make install installs. Ask your favorite packeteer (ipkg, deb, rpm
> maker). If one needs to run gdb, he/she should *know* how to pull in
> unstripped binaries. Looks that there is a difference between
> gredler.at/olsrd and the sourceforge repo. My apologize for beeing rude.
I disagree. (no apologize necessary ^^)

It should be the users option to choose between stripped and non-stripped
version, in Gentoo (the linux distribution) I just activate the "debug-flag"
and anything get's compiled with debug information.

In addition to this a install_nostrip target make it easier to handle testing
enviroments, because you use the same place for the binaries than the normal
ones.

An additional make target (esp. a non-default target) will not hurt the normal
user, but it's an advantage for developers and testers. So I see no reason
why we should not include it (and put the "strip" command back to the default
targets).

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)