[Olsr-dev] OLSR and ns2 (or other sim)

Roman Steiner (spam-protected)
Thu May 8 19:56:41 CEST 2008

hej hej,

i have started to work on writing my own simulation apart from ns2,
omnet++ etc.. it is specially designed for wireless lan-networks and
nothing else. moreover the main aim of the simulation is to simulate
olsr and batman.

unfortunately the working is stucked a bit at the moment due to a
lack of time and motivation. i'm still abroad and will return home
the beginning june. then there will be a coding session with aaron to
get the simulation work together with olsrd.
main missing parts are:
* connecting olsrd to the simulation in real time
* wrapping the time function in olsrd to move to a virtual simulation
time
* redirecting the routing tables to the simulation
* finishing the visualization

to give a realistic outline, a reasonable version of the simulation
wont be finished before the end of summer.

may i ask what you want to simulate?

roman