[Olsr-dev] Node hand-off and attach speed

Dazz Dev (spam-protected)
Wed Mar 26 01:14:54 CET 2008

Hi all,
I am working on a project and would love to use OLSR but I have been unable
to find some information about a couple issues.

1) In an OLSR network in which 1 (or more) node is highly mobile, when that
node moves away from it's original location and connects to another node,
what happens with any of the currenly open connections?  Do they get
transfered gracefully and stay connected, or are they disconnected?

2) Do we know the average connection or transfer time when you have nodes
moving from one to another?  To give context, lets say you have a number of
nodes that are in fixed locations with mobile nodes (think vehicles)
moving.  Based on node speed and range, the mobile nodes could move too fast
to connect.

If anyone has any insight into this I would really appreciate it.  I'm at
the preliminary stages of development and testing and am unable to test
these 2 issues.  They are effectivly showstoppers (along with securing the
network).

Thanks all.

-Darien