[Olsr-dev] Socket error

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Mon Jun 30 15:28:22 CEST 2008

Hey,

...this never functions in the past. No "setsockopt(Sock, SOL_SOCKET,
SO_BROADCAST...)" in there. I will upload a new version in a couple of
minutes here:
http://download-master.berlin.freifunk.net/sven-ola/binaries/olsrd-0.5.6-rc6/

BTW: Windows users are notorious "client/customer-mode" users. Having two
ifaces is rarely used because of this - maybe a reason nobody complains
until now. Also unexpected: if I configure my wired-eth to be in the same IP
range as the wireless-eth, all packets meant for wifi leave the system on
the wire. Yes I've used a more narrow netmask on wire (/30) as on wifi (8).
To get things going, different IP ranges may be needed for two ifaces on
windows...? @cedric: may be necessary to verify your IP setup with a
broadcast ping or so...

PS: Also upcoming: commit on gredler.at/hg/olsrd

// Sven-Ola

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cédric" <(spam-protected)>
To: "Henning Rogge" <(spam-protected)>
Cc: <(spam-protected)>
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Olsr-dev] Socket error

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Am Montag 30 Juni 2008 09:34:41 schrieb Cédric:
>> I noticed that olsrd uses UDP port 698 to send&receive OLSR packets
>> maybe this port can't be shared between two interfaces ?
> You only need one olsr instance for all interfaces, so this should be no
> problem.
>
> Henning

Yes of course I have only one instance running.
I use the GUI for Windows which is Switch.exe but when I try to run
olsrd using two interfaces it fails to start with the "socket
initialize" error and olsrd.exe doesn't appear in the task manager.
It works if I use only one interface at a time.

--
Cédric
"Soyons désinvoltes, n'ayons l'air de rien..."