[Olsr-dev] olsrd without link sensing

Giovanni Di Stasi (spam-protected)
Mon Jun 23 20:18:49 CEST 2008

Il Monday 23 June 2008 19:47:38 hai scritto:
> Giovanni Di Stasi wrote:
> > Yes, but this is because our routing algorithm just needs to know the
> > distances in terms of hops.
>
> don't do this (-> been there, done that) - any algorithm that has no notion
> of loss or bandwidth is going to fail miserably in real-life networks.
>
> /hannes

It is not completely quality unaware; in fact to calculate neighbors we plan
to use an approach very similar to the one used by olsrd. Only links that
have a quality greater than a certain value and that are simmetric are used
(but this is done by the layer 2 module, while olsrd is just used to
calculate distances in terms of hops - and also to send other kind of
messages, link HNA, or messages generated by other plugins).
--
Giovanni Di Stasi, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica

Phone:    +39 081 7683821
Fax:      +39 081 7683816
E-mail:   (spam-protected)