[Olsr-dev] Thoughts about an ETX-FF-Metric plugin

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 19 21:15:47 CEST 2008

On 6/19/08, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 20:33, Markus Kittenberger
>
> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>
> >> Maybe we can teach olsrd to send a "I'm switching off" packet before
> >> it shuts down. This way the neighborhood has a chance to see the route
> >> loss coming.
> >
> > a real packet special packet type, or just an hello with damn bad lq
> values
>
> A Hello without any neighbours in it... something like "Hello, I don't
> know ANYONE".

is the fragemntation fix still active, which will only mark missing
neighbours in an hello?

Hmm... would require some changes in the link_set, but should be possible.

its not mandatory in the first steps, if the longer history turn out to beu
useful, it makes sense to think about consereving data lnger than the link
timeout,..

> would be no problem if the device announces its reboot,.. (stopping all
> > neighbours from doing any further hello timeouts, modifing the history
> > without receiving packets)
>
> there is a chance that the neighbours don't get the package.

yes, but the higher the chance, the worse the link, the less a problem,..
sending it twice or so should be good enough,..

because as you stated giving an just rebootet olsrd chance to get good etx
values, (because we didn`t put the missing hellos while rebooting into
history)
is more an psycholigal thing,..

if it works too good, people my start to restart olsrd per cronjob to get
better etx values,.. (-;

> ?

i tried it twice to explain it, maybe i´ll try again on skype, or so,.. (-;
it surely not the most relevant thing at the moment,..

i´ll try to start/finsih the simulation till the weekend,..