[Olsr-dev] Thoughts about an ETX-FF-Metric plugin

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 19 12:36:05 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag 19 Juni 2008 10:55:18 schrieb Markus Kittenberger:
> But how is the detection of lost packets, now?
> When do you count how much packets as lost, when not receiving any packets?
Each hello-timeout is counted as a sequence number addition and a lost
package.

> > The linkquality value is calculated by
> >LQ = sum (received[1..7]) / ( sum (received[1..7]) + sum (lost[1..7]) )
>
> this formula wonn`t react fast on dead links,.. )-;
> if not counting more than the lost hellos, a communicative link will neeed
> nearly full history duration to get an bad ETX if the link dies (gets
> totally disconnected)
Not completely (see above).

> The old approach gave each time slot the same weight, which was better for
> detection of dead links(as long as there are at least some packets per time
> slot)
> now it`s again based on the number of packets, which i dislike,..
the problem for small networks is that a timeslice contains not enough data to
calculate a LQ value.

> but the history has still fixed duration, which is good (-;
I planned to set the length of the history to the hello-timeout value.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)