[Olsr-dev] Maximal LQ less than 1 on Ethernet

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 19 10:55:34 CEST 2008

On Jun 19, 2008, at 10:43 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:

> So we have to stop using the exponential average or change the
> number formats
> for LQ calculation, but I'm not completely sure about the effects
> of both
> sollutions.

or - maybe use floats or doubles ? ;-)
(and then later convert to ints in a reasonable range)

The overhead of using floats here does not seem to be sooo high since
we have a 2 "*"  and 2 +/-  OPs per packet, right.
It is not like we therefore need to use floats everywhere (again). Or
did I misunderstand something?

a.

---
there's no place like 127.0.0.1