[Olsr-dev] Thoughts about an ETX-FF-Metric plugin

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 18 20:33:32 CEST 2008

Do you put any weight on the seconds in this window?

how would this example be handled

Second  : Received SEquence numbers
1: 1000
2: 1002, 1003
3: 1004,1005,1006
4:
5:
6: 1012
7: 1014,1015

in second 2, i guess the LQ value would be 0.67
in second 1 and 3 it would be 1
but what about 4,5 are they put to 0 in second 6? or earlier? (after 1-2
hello intervals)
which value get second 6, 0.33 (2 of 3 lost), or 0.15 (2 of 6 lost) ?

On 6/18/08, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> I just did another test implementation of the new algorithm, this one with
> FPM
> and with a sliding window (length fixed to 16 seconds) for calculating the
> average (instead of the exponential moving average).

i think exponential moving average of 5+ second summaries would be better
than of 1 second intervals (if you ever did so)
, also with sliding window 1 second is maybe a bit too short

Test results or more ideas are welcome.