[Olsr-dev] Feedback on current OL

David Murray (spam-protected)
Mon Jun 9 12:34:52 CEST 2008

Quoting Hannes Gredler <(spam-protected)>:

> hmm (as bernd has stated) olsrd just passes any outgoing OLSR packet
> down the UDP
> network stack and relies on the kernel (or a offload driver)
> to calculate the UDP checksum.
>
> looks like something is broken there.

I think you are correct there, just fired up another machine running
OLSRD over the same link/switch. Wireshark on that machine is not
showing any errors. Looks like the problem is related to just that
machine.

This new machine is getting a metric of 1.061 over the Ethernet link
instead of 1.150 like the suspect machine. Just a question, why is the
metric 1.061 instead of 1.000. I think that it is unlikely that an
uncongested Ethernet link would drop a packet.