[Olsr-dev] Feedback on current OL
Mon Jun 9 05:24:31 CEST 2008
Hi guys, just a bit of feedback on the latest development branch found
here . I have had it running in my test setup (8 dual radio ALIX
nodes) for about 3-4 days. It seems to be working great, however, one
problem I have found is with the the metric.
Currently, I have a 100mbit Ethernet link that is being given a metric
of ~1.150. Iperf shows that this link provides ~100 mbit which means
that there is nothing physically wrong with the link. To investigate a
little further I pulled up wireshark and took a look at the OLSR hellos.
The wireshark output was showing some UDP checksum errors "maybe caused
by UDP checkum offload" on some olsr hello packets. Perhaps if anyone
else is using this branch they could confirm whether they are also
getting the errors or if it is something specific with my equipment.
More information about the Olsr-dev