[Olsr-dev] Using and unambiguous language such as SANSKRIT (orperhaps German) as a language to specify human to computerspecifications

(spam-protected) (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 29 15:33:17 CEST 2008

Why is this being posted here?

I mean its a very interesting topic, and I have sent you a private reply on the matter.

However isn't it offtopic for a networking software mailing list?

Charles

------Original Message------
From: Erach
To: (spam-protected)
To: Prof. R.K. Shevgaonkar
Cc: (spam-protected)
Sent: Jul 29, 2008 1:31 AM
Subject: [Olsr-dev] Using and unambiguous language such as SANSKRIT (orperhaps German) as a language to specify human to computerspecifications

Hi,
Who should I talk to to develop a german/sanskrit compiler or
specification executor.
Write now, we develop computer programs, can we not develop computer
specifications (example Prolog) and let the computer
understand the specifications and execute them.

The grammar of Sanskrit was not improvable upon in 800 AD (Panini's
Ashtadhyai is the gold standard).  Sanskrit is for human to human
communication unambiguously.  Somebody told me that German is similar
to Sanskrit and Germans learn Sanskrit first and then
learn Hindi.

Donald Knuth's literate programming is the only bug free program.
(See TeX on wikipedia).
TeX was developed in a special language called WEB that produced both
human output (comments) and computer output (programs).
***
Now surely, in 5 years time I expect that INTEL's HEX 16 2 GHz
processor (just like Intel's Quad Four 2 GHz processor) comes out,
should we be debugging computer programs or communicating
specifications first UNAMBIGUOUSLY between people and then let
the computer execute those specifications.
***
There are lots of computer languages.  Is there any programming
platform which says, "bugs are minimized using this platform".

Erach