[Olsr-dev] Testers for modified ETX metric wanted

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Jul 11 08:50:36 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag 10 Juli 2008 10:21:47 schrieb Henning Rogge:
> Hello,
>
> I pushed amodified ETX metric into olsrd 0.5.6-rc7 so it can be tested more
> easily. The metric was discussed on the list some time ago and should
> output more stable ETX values than the old one.
>
> It can be activated by putting the line
>
> LinkQualityAlgorithm    "etx_ff"
>
> into the olsrd.conf file.
>
> I'm looking forward for test results of larger olsr networks (especially
> how a single node with the new metric behave when connected to nodes with
> the old metric).
I just did some bughunting with Aaron together and we found a small bug in the
ff metric. The bug drops the LQ down zu zero when directly connected to a
node with sends MID packets. The patch is already in the repository:

http://gredler.at/hg/olsrd/

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)