[Olsr-dev] solved but found new problems.. (Re: trying to set LIBDIR to /usr/lib/olsrd/)

Holger Levsen (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 9 10:00:25 CEST 2008

Hi Bernd,

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 01:43, Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> I just tested it: Installing in a completely new directory with (e.g.)
> ----  snip  ----
[...]
> ----
> works hereover without any paths in /etc/olsrd.conf and without any
> additional /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ file or LD_LIBRARY_DIR.
> So "just do not set DESTDIR during the `build_all` (but set the run-time
> directories) and use DESTDIR only for the installation in the packages
> virtual root directory" should do it.

Yup, that (build_all) works. But if you build the plugins seperatly, it
doesnt, because the separate plugin targets need DESTDIR. Look at the
Makefile or try yourself :-)

I've commited my work on the rc7 debian package now to svn, check it out at
svn://svn.debian.org/svn/collab-maint/deb-maint/olsrd/trunk - it only
contains the debian dir. Look at
debian/patches/240-plugin-install-targets.patch and the debian/rules file,
which I hacked a bit ugly to support these seperate plugin install targets.
(PLUGINS and PLUGINS_INSTALL)

The reason why I build the plugins seperatly is, that some are not useful to
ship as binary (as they are outdated or mere example plugins) and the quagga
plugin I cant ship in the same binary package for legal reasons. Maybe I
should revise this decision..

regards,
	Holger, who wanted to reply to this after his first coffee, but then I find
this to interesting not to reply now :)