[Olsr-dev] olsrd on amd64

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 6 19:44:37 CET 2008

> Well, how does the Debian world distinguish 32bit libraries from 64bit
> libraries if both of them are installed (for whatever reason)?

Native libraries are in /lib and /usr/lib, non-native libraries are
under /emul.  For example, on AMD64, IA-32 libraries live in
/emul/ia32-linux/lib/.

While I happen to prefer the traditional IRIX setup (/lib, /lib32,
/lib64), the argument in favour of the Debian setup is that it allows
multiple sets of libraries to be installed (think 64-bit SPARC with an
IA-32 emulator and binary compatibility with Solaris).

                                        Juliusz