[Olsr-dev] MID optimization

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Dec 14 22:25:23 CET 2008

On Sunday 14 December 2008 22:18:47 Hannes Gredler wrote:
> markus,
>
> i have some concerns about your patch:
>
> http://gredler.at/hg/olsrd/rev/d411b618bff4
>
> we should not fix things on the receiver side
> by faking up protocol state. - questions that come to mind:
>
> - what happens if the neighbor has different sequence spaces for
>   MID vs. TCs (then you may prevent the MIDs getting learned)
>
> - what happens if the TC interval is lower than the MID interval ?
>   (then your faked up MID will time out anyway )
>
> IMO the more correct thing to do is to fix the send side of things.
> i.e. if an (non main IP address) of a node changes then immediatly
> generate and flood a MID entry. please back out htis fix and
> fix it on the sender side in the interface code.
This does not solve the problem... because the MID might be lost.

Our routing daemon should be able to set routes for this case too... okay, I'm
not sure if "setting a pseudo MID" is a really good thing to do it... but we
should not depend on MIDs if we have the necessary informations available
without them.