[Olsr-dev] Strange shift behaviour (ipcalc.c)

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Mon Dec 1 01:51:35 CET 2008

> Removing ntohl() will break the code on little endian machines.

sure, somehow i lost this call during rewriting this lines multiple times,..
)-;
i should have looked into my diff myself (-;
so thanks for doing it for me, Alina!
 > Obviously there is a "big usage";-)
im meant shifting 32 bits of a 32 bit data type is not very useful, as it
makes no sense, because you can just use
x=0 instead of using (and failing) x =x<<32;
but sure, obviously it would be better if  x << 32 would be 0 instead of x
(-;
> Fixed an embarrassing bug if we want to generate a netmask from a prefix
== 0.
> Added an inline function to avoid someone else making the same mistake

> All credits belong to Markus Kittenberger <(spam-protected)> for
finding,
> reporting and hunting it down to the root cause.
muchas gratias, for the credits and for the inline function, ..(-;
regards Markus