[Olsr-dev] Including GPS information

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Aug 2 10:16:23 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 01:20, Resul Cetin <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hii Henning,
>
> what do you mean exactly. Do you mean to use either LAR-Routing or the
> currently Freifunk OLSR-Routing ?  I dont know what you mean with
> connected based OLSR...
It is a problem to combine two routing algorithms.

OLSR use linkstate routing. It calculates a cost for each neighbor it
can hear, creates a graph of the whole network and use a dijkstra
algorithm to find the shortest path to each target.

It's easy to include the position of a node in some kind of broadcast
packet (see Sven-Olas mail), but using this information for routing
decissions can be a lot more difficult.

"check the GPS Koordinates before Flooding and send the Flooding maybe
to nodes, which is
closer to the sending node" sounds easy in theory, but in practice
routing in the physical direction of the target might even be a bad
decission (maybe you are routing into a dead-end).

--
"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt