[Olsr-dev] need help

Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Wed Apr 30 17:58:22 CEST 2008

On Apr 30, 2008, at 5:51 PM, TARUN CHAPLOT wrote:

> Hello everyone
> Today I tried to build a  mesh network using 5 laptops.
> For that I was running OLSR on all laptops and using Mac OS I
> created one network.
> Although I was able to route to other laptops as they had different
> IPs but only with in the range of Mac network coverage area.
> I think it was more like that laptop (Mac ) was acting as a bridge
> or router.
> But I don't think its a mesh.
> I think I should be able to broadcast from all laptops and each
> should hear each other with a unique SSID.

Tarun hi,

they should all use the same ESSID and BSSID.
You want to put the laptops into ad-hoc mode (called "Create network"
or "computer-to-computer" network in OS X)

Only then the the olsrd routing daemon will take care of installing
the (host) routes to to other nodes/laptops.
Please be aware that the laptops should all have the same netmask /
iprange.

best of luck and report if you were successfull.
(BTW: just for completeness: this mail should probably go on olsr-
(spam-protected))

a.