[Olsr-dev] OLSR IPs for node with multiple interfaces

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Wed Apr 30 14:32:15 CEST 2008

On 4/30/08, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch 30 April 2008 13:07:16 schrieb Axel Neumann:
>
> > For older olsrd versions there has been the "recommendation" to always
> use
> > a different netmask for each olsr interface of a node.
> > My question is whether this recommendation still applies to the recent
> > olsrd versions or if a new versions can also cope with a configuration
> like
> > this: ath0 10.0.0.1/16, ath1 10.0.0.2/16, eth0 10.0.0.3/16
>
> Linux (and most likely windows) wont like this.

Are you sure?
i do this (multiple olsr interfaces with (same or different) ip all on same
subnet) on all my nodes,.. (an whole freenet in vienna does so)

Olsrd creates generic ip routes, so the kernel would be unable to determine
> the outgoing interface for packets.

my routing tables shows device specific routes, generated by olsrd

e.g. 193.238.158.5 via 193.238.156.111 dev eth1 metric 2