[Olsr-dev] OLSR IPs for node with multiple interfaces

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Apr 30 14:11:57 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch 30 April 2008 13:36:45 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
> > Linux (and most likely windows) wont like this.
>
> linux likes setsockopt(.., SO_BINDTODEVICE) which should do this.
yes, but the routing would still not work.

Imagine you have one interface with the netmask 10.0.0.1/16 and one with the
netmask 10.0.0.2/16.

The kernel has a packet which has to be transfered to a node called 10.0.0.3.
How should the kernel determine what interface is to use ?

> Hmm, but I want to operate two radio interfaces in the same channel! How
> can I do this, hich IPs and netmasks can I give them ?
Just don't do this... you will get lot's of trouble. 2 different directional
antennas MIGHT work, but there is still the possibility that one sending
antenna will jam receiving on the other one.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)