[Olsr-dev] olsrd-0.5.6-rc1 released !

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Apr 30 07:28:31 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag 29 April 2008 23:22:23 schrieb Jo-Philipp Wich:
> Hi,
>
> the RC1 seems to run fine w/o problems on the Freifunk Firmware so far.
> On a Linksys WRT54G the CPU load is about 1.5% and 1100kB of RAM are
> used by OLSR. There are about ~500 nodes in our topology.
really nice... I don't think we can get much better in terms of RAM/CPU. :)

> I've observed that the LQ/ETX values are calculated differently compared
> to previous versions, does this have any negative impacts on mixed
> v0.5.5 / v0.5.6 OLSR clouds?
Traffic might prefer older olsrd versions because they calculate the ETX value
wrong (too low).

> What about overall compatibility to older versions? Is it possible to
> deploy the new versions within larger mesh clouds with mixed OLSR
> versions (0.4.x, 0.5.x) ?
Olsrd 0.5.6 should be compatible with older versions capable doing ETX.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)