[Olsr-dev] LinkQualityMult support for olsrd development branch

Mitar (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 24 11:00:05 CEST 2008

Hi!

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:45 AM, David Murray
>  One more question, it might seem strange but it's something I have
>  never understood, In 802.11 all frames are acknowledged at layer 2 and
>  retransmitted to ensure a reliable layer 2. How does OLSR count lost
>  frames when, in theory, 802.11 should be retransmitting them? Does it
>  look at the sequence numbers of the hello's?

I would add also my question on this. Why does OLSR not use also the
ratio of retransmissions at layer 2 for ETX? Would not this be even
better and precise? Or is the idea that with the plugin system this
will be possible/easier to try?

Mitar