[Olsr-dev] LinkQualityMult support for olsrd development branch

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Apr 23 15:37:11 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch 23 April 2008 15:25:44 schrieb David Murray:
> Hi Henning,
>
> Tried it again this afternoon, default routes seemed to work fine. I'm
> not sure why they were not working before. Also, the rewrite of ETX
> seemed to work fine with nodes running the old version (olsrd5.5). I
> only had time to test it out on 3 dual radio nodes this afternoon.
good :)

> I am still noticing that the rewrite of the ETX metric is giving
> different/higher costs. Do you know why this might be occurring? I
> would have thought that they should give the same cost if they are both
> based on [1].
No, the new ETX metric is using a moving exponential average to calculate the
ETX value. (ETX = 1 / LinkQuality)

alpha = aging factor (default 0.1)

for every received Hello:
  New LQ = Old LQ * (1-alpha)  + alpha
for every lost Hello (timer based):
  New LQ = Old LQ * (1-alpha)

This formula has a similar behaviour than the old one, but don't need a
bitarray to store which hellos got lost. In addition to this new hellos have
a higher weight than old ones.

> Tomorrow morning I will load it onto the other three nodes and let you
> know how I go.
I'm looking forward to it.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)