[Olsr-dev] Setting LinkQualityMult in an interface section behaves globally

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 17 08:10:04 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag 17 April 2008 00:41:35 schrieb Mitar:
> Hi!
>
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Clemens Hopfer <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> >  Aaron and Henning are currently working on the LinkQualityMult parser
> > which seems to be the problem.
>
> I checked the code and I think that the problem is in link_set.c file
> on 349 line (at least in 0.5.3). The line is:
>
> inter = if_ifwithaddr(&entry->local_iface_addr);
>
> but it should be:
>
> inter = entry->if_name ? if_ifwithname(entry->if_name) :
> if_ifwithaddr(&entry->local_iface_addr);

I think this line is in the function set_loss_link_multiplier in line 321 (tip
of my repository). You are right, this code path does not work with
if_name...

But it only changes the loss-link multiplier, which is not being used in my
code at the moment.

So this seems to be a bug, but it's not "our" bug. Thank you for looking for
this.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)