[Olsr-dev] Strategy for ETT metric

sebastian sauer (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 4 23:34:59 CEST 2008

Thu 27 Mar 2008 21:50, Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2008, at 5:03 PM, Hannes Gredler wrote:
> > i'd be certainly in favour of #1.
/me too.

> > On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 09:03:52AM +0100, Henning Rogge wrote:
> > | 1.) wait for some time, then send one package to every 1-hop
> > neighbor
> > |
> > | 2.) distribute the packages over time
> > |
> > | Option 1 does wake up the olsrd one once for all neighbors, but
> > it sends a
> > | burst of packages that might block some real traffic.
> > |
> > | What do you think about the two options.

like the previous LQ-dispute on which henning and i had different opinions, this
here is to a large degree a philosophical || dicatorial decission (you could also
say a matter of personal taste || personal compromise)

e.g. we could argue - i'm sure ;) - endlessly if either option #1 or #2 is
more fair (less bias)..

> hm... with new proper timer infrastructure - does it make a big
> difference to have both ?
<pedantic>
my "horror" vision: some nodes configured with option #1 and some with
option #2 within the same network.
</pedantic>

> At least right now, we don't know what is better.
i doubt we ever will.

s.
--
  ever tried. ever failed.