[Olsr-dev] Committed Patches

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Tue Sep 18 21:47:56 CEST 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 06:28:43PM +0200, Aaron Kaplan wrote:

| BTW:
|
| At the WCW we noticed the NatThreshold parameter in /etc/olsrd.conf
| in the freifunk fw
| AFAIK this parameter does not exist in CVS.
|
| What is it for? Is there another patch somewhere for it?
|
| best,
| a.

hi list,

we should really fix the "default-gw does NAT issue"

proposal:

1. add a config knob to

  a. the local router

    autoTunneling
    {
       gw 192.168.1.1
       gw 192.168.1.2
       gw 192.168.1.3
       gw any
       install-default
    }

  b. the default gateway routers

    autoTunneling
    {
       gw 192.168.2.1 ## if you want to be restrictive
       gw 192.168.2.2 ## if you want to be restrictive
       gw 192.168.2.3 ## if you want to be restrictive
       gw any         ## if you allow everybody to connect
    }

2.  the local router adds the message into
    a new Msg type #211 and floods it at low frequency interval
    through the network.

3.  the local router automatically builds up an
    unnumbered GRE tunnel to all the gws in its list if

    1. the gw's support tunnel termination. (we know this
       if our IP or 0.0.0.0 (=any) is listed in the gw routers
       Msg type #211)

    2. the gw offers a 0/0 route.

4.  the default gw routers build up tunnels to all
    the routers they know and the default-gw router
    or 0.0.0.0 (=any) listed in msg #211.

5.  in case you have any configured we could add a timer
    that does not remove the default route if your
    current default gw goes away - it keeps sticky for
    some time.

6.  we could us the autoTunneling infrastructure for
    other things in the future like automatically
    bridging V6 islands over V4 etc. (or dropping off
    V6 to the internet for those who want it)

thoughts ?

/hannes