[Olsr-dev] Sending packets through olsrd flooding mechanism.. [HOW?]

Gianni Costanzi (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 3 11:48:44 CEST 2007

Hi,
I'd like to be able to send broadcast packets from my olsrd plug-in to
the same plug-in running on the other nodes of the olsrd-network.. For
the packet reception and forwarding part, I think I have understood
what to do: I should register a function into the packet parser,
saying that the function processes packets of MY_OWN_TYPE and does not
forward the packet, in order to use the default MPR-optimized
flooding.. right?

I'm a bit more confused when I must deal with the sending of packets..
how should I build a packet of my own type and how should I flood it
into the net? Do I need to send it on each olsrd interface or does
olsrd provide function like flood_packet_into_the_net which takes care
of sending it on the oslrd interfaces ecc? Can you tell me which
functions should I use? I do not need full details on what to do, just
some indications, in order to be able to understand what to do  by
reading olsrd code..

Thank you in advance for any help,
Gianni