[Olsr-dev] olsrd-0.5.4 released

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Sun Oct 21 11:53:01 CEST 2007

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 12:53:08AM +0200, Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
| On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 15:25 +0200, Hannes Gredler wrote:
| [....]
| > may i ask you why you want to make that distinction ?
|
| Because I'm curious? Because we had it before?

i'll by the first one on the second one i want to comment
that part of the olsr-ng excercise is to question things
we have been doing before, right ;-)

| > why is it important to know the route origin ?
|
| I never said it is important for me. Others know know very probably
| better if it is important to know in the real life.
|
| Background of the question is that I hacked around in the olsrd_snmp
| plugin to make it work with CVS-HEAD and there is a column in the MIB
| which tells if the route is a HNA-announct or an OLSR learned..

ok, so the MIB is cluttered as well :-/

would you be happy with some per-origin bits or do you want to have
a dedicated list for HNA and MID originated routes ?

/hannes