[Olsr-dev] Bug fixed in olsrd.0.5.3

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Fri Oct 19 08:14:25 CEST 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 10:10:40AM +1000, David Orchansky wrote:
|    Hello everyone,
|

|    I've been having some troubles when using the release of olsrd 0.5.3. I
|    cross-compiled (using the OpenWrt SDK) and flashed it in several
|    routers.
|

|    The problem I had was that the TC messages where not being forwarded by
|    the routers because for some reason the routers didn't select their own
|    MPR's (even when they had several 2-hop neighbors).
|

|    After spending many days tracing the problem I fixed this issue by
|    initializing some variables in a function... that was it!
|

|    File:       mpr.c
|
|    Function:   void olsr_calculate_mpr(void)
|

|      olsr_u16_t two_hop_covered_count=0;
|
|      olsr_u16_t two_hop_count=0;
|

|    Anyway, I don't know if this is gonna be helpful to anyone, but it
|    would save some time and effort to many of us.

hi david,

first of all thanks for your debugging efforts, this is highly appreciated.
could you next time pls submit a unified diff w/ function names
against the CVS repository. (this makes it much more easier
for the maintainers to review the work you have been doing).

  1. put the following line in your ~/.cvsrc

     diff -u -p

  2. run a 'cvs diff'

--

i am not sure i understand the nature of the problem
IMO the two variables get properly assigned:

---

void
olsr_calculate_mpr(void) (line 461 / mpr.c)
{
  olsr_u16_t                   two_hop_covered_count;
  olsr_u16_t                   two_hop_count;
  int i;

  OLSR_PRINTF(3, "\n**RECALCULATING MPR**\n\n");

  olsr_clear_mprs();

--

pls elaborate *why* you think this is wrong.

tx,

/hannes