[Olsr-dev] default config is rfc

Jens Nachtigall (spam-protected)
Wed Oct 17 14:13:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

> > I installed the olsrd ipkg from openwrt and wondered why the
> > olsrd.conf.default.rfc is the default olsrd.conf? Then I found out that
> > it is
>
> Because nobody changed it since LQ exists?
> SCNR - it was probably only a rhetoric question?
>
> I remember there was some discussion about it months ago.
> Hmm, probably I got distracted by $OTHER_LIFE and forget any result (in
> the
> broadest sense) of it.

I thought the rfc-default was intentional and switching towards lq-fisheye not
just forgotten.

[...]

> As for a distro-delivered package: Well, that is IMHO primarily a
> decision of the
> distro makes/packagers to what to deliver per default (or none at all to
> force
> people to think about it).

sure, but quite often the distros simply stick to what upstream thinks is the
best (that is, olsrd's default config file). So if you change it,
openwrt/debian/etc will probably follow...

regards,
jens