[Olsr-dev] default config is rfc

Jens Nachtigall (spam-protected)
Tue Oct 16 18:17:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

I installed the olsrd ipkg from openwrt and wondered why the
olsrd.conf.default.rfc is the default olsrd.conf? Then I found out that it is
even the default for olsrd? (as it is copied by the Makefile to olsrd.conf)

probably, it is the same for other distros like debian. I think you should
make olsrd.conf.default.lq-fisheye the default conf file. I do not know any
network that does use the hop count metric as in the rfc (because it prefers
long high-loss links in a path to get a lower hop number).

Also, this would be a big help for beginners. Think of the people getting in
touch with the mailing list saying olsrd does not work well, only until they
are told that they should use another config file.

kind regards,

jens