[Olsr-dev] Removing default route after program termination

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Fri Oct 12 12:00:50 CEST 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 11:44:35AM +0200, Mitar wrote:
| Hi!
|
| On 10/11/07, Sven-Ola Tuecke <(spam-protected)> wrote:
| > * Note: To ensure others have a useable default route, you cannot roll your
| > own but refuse to HNA. Only works, if you do not forward IP traffic either.
| > Which is useless until you are definitely an end point. These are your
| > alternatives:
|
| A little bit off topic probably, as this should go to the user mailing
| list, but I understood that a mesh as a whole should only have one HNA
| announced Internet connection as otherwise connection based protocols
| (like SSH) do not work as OLSR could change the best route to the
| Internet (and thus your Internet IP number), what would break
| connections.

it only breaks connection because your internet access is using NAT.

from a plain routing point of view dropping off internet traffic
at a different point is nothing bad. pls check the archive on
discussions how to make the default-gw sticky for people who do
use NAT.

/hannes