[Olsr-dev] Removing default route after program termination

Mitar (spam-protected)
Wed Oct 10 12:59:18 CEST 2007

Hi!

Checked on 0.5.2 and current CVS version.

On a Mac OS X 10.4.10 computer with static default route (to the
Internet) OLSR program after termination cleans default route. It
should clean only HNA announced default route.

After some investigation I found that on Mac OS X it is possible to
have only one default route active in a routing table at a given
moment. You can declare other default routes but you also declare
policy on which OS would change this default route to a prepared one.

Thus adding other (HNA announced) default routes is not really working
as expected in OLSR and this becomes obvious when cleaning them (or
more properly, it).

As I understood there is no developer working on Mac OS X hardware? I
could try to fix this but I would need some guidance.

Best regards

Mitar