[Olsr-dev] Please save the fish

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Fri Oct 5 10:54:32 CEST 2007

Hannes,

only wanted to point out that there may be some quirks in there. If olsrd
starts without valid main IP, the nameservice plugin will also fail to some
extend (because the "name" is  mapped to the main IP, which is not updated
later on if the main IP changes). Maybe it's best to simply restart OLSRD if
the address/config of OLSR-Interfaces change.

Ah - currently I started a small test here in Berlin with a re-worked
http://download-master.berlin.freifunk.net/sven-ola/nylon/packages/olsrd/files/132-save-the-fish.patch
Looks promising - very stable routes now and some CPU savings as well as a
decent bandwith saving too. Most OLSR packets now are under 1500 bytes. I've
upgraded some of the more central nodes, which "breaks the LQ_TC wave" as
well as changed the firmware's default settings to cope with this the
changed behaviour.  FYI here are those settings (calculated on a 5 seconds
"Speed" value):

DebugLevel              0
IpVersion               4
AllowNoInt              yes
Pollrate                0.025
TcRedundancy            2
NatThreshold            0.9
MprCoverage             7
LinkQualityFishEye      1
LinkQualityWinSize      100
LinkQualityDijkstraLimit 0 10.0
LoadPlugin "olsrd_arprefresh.so.0.1"
{
}
LoadPlugin "olsrd_dyn_gw_plain.so.0.4"
{
}
LoadPlugin "olsrd_nameservice.so.0.3"
{
        PlParam "name"          "sven-ola-gs"
        PlParam "hosts-file"    "/var/etc/hosts"
        PlParam "suffix"        ".olsr"
        PlParam "latlon-infile" "/var/run/latlon.txt"
}
LoadPlugin "olsrd_txtinfo.so.0.1"
{
        PlParam "Accept" "127.0.0.1"