[Olsr-dev] Please save the fish

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Wed Oct 3 12:21:56 CEST 2007

Hey,

maybe that I'm really blind, overworked or see flying fishes. But I
encounter a lot of packs forwarded with TTL=0. Which is (to my knowledge)
bad behaviour and also makes the fisheye option pointless. Checked back
until olsrd-0.4.10. Same behaviour. Nobody never puts in a brake here!? So
the last barrierer to save our meshes from an endless wave of UDP packets
seems the olsr_check_dup_table_fwd()...

I'm really not sure, if the attached patch is a good thing[tm]. Forwarding
anything received may be a bug-by-desing or so. Because it will really
change the flooding behaviour especially for LQ_TCs. Can someone confirm?

Ah - while I'm at it. (@hannes) There's still the issue of starting olsrd
with "AllowNoInt yes" which leads to only-1-hop-neighs in rttable if
started without valid main IP. Which may be a sign for ~!$/&% in the
refactored code...

// Sven-Ola