[Olsr-dev] Committed Patches

Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 1 02:00:56 CEST 2007

<delay alert :) sorry for coming back to threads so late>

On Sep 23, 2007, at 7:47 PM, Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 21:47 +0200, Hannes Gredler wrote:
> [...]
>> we should really fix the "default-gw does NAT issue"
> [....]
>> thoughts ?
>
> Basically I consider the issue not in the scope of routing daemon
> (like
> lots of other "people have funny setup things for whatever reason")
> - if
> only that I'm grown up with too much theory.
>
> But plugins which implement various schemes (e.g. GRE, IPIP,  hell,
> even
> openvpn could be used in theory[0]) in sane ways or implement some
> "call
> external script" mechanism maybe useful.

Yup!
I agree! Architecturally a plugin would be great.
Then a GRE tunnel or an IPIP / whatever people want tunnel can be
made easily.
Hannes's proposition sounds good. But I would have to see it on paper
or so.
We should also check out how people are using tunnels so far in order
to solve the default GW-does-NAT problem.

How is it done in the Freifunk networks?
Any other networks where you have NAT?

best,
aaron.