[olsr-dev] malloc thrashing / duplicate data structures ?

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 27 00:33:36 CEST 2007

Hey Hannes,

Yes, the data structures are quite redundant. The reason for this is
that we first had an olsrd that was strictly RFC-compliant and stable.
When implementing the LQ extensions we did not want to touch the stable
code too much and implemented LQ mostly around the existing code. That's
why translation between the data structures in the original
RFC-compliant code and the LQ code happens, e.g. translation from the
topology database (which is also used by the RFC-compliant code) into
the graph for SPF/Dijkstra.

Yup, I fully agree that in a world that is ideal from an implementation
point of view, we would drop RFC compliance, not perform any such
translations, and save a lot of malloc()s at the same time.

-Thomas