[olsr-dev] Selfish LQ

Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 1 14:13:41 CET 2007

Giuseppe,

I think what would solve your problem - I think it was discussed by
Lamport in 1982 - is to use some byzantine failure agreement protocol
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_fault_tolerance). As far as I
recall you can detect N "liars" when the number of nodes >= 3*N+1
(disclaimer: here we have defined "liar" as a node which says
something else than the majority thinks. If that node is therefore a
true liar is of course a different matter :)