[olsr-dev] Selfish LQ

giuseppe de marco (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 1 01:56:05 CET 2007

Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 17:11 +0900, giuseppe de marco wrote:
> [...]
>
>> It makes sense or I am loosing something?
>>

> Apart from layer 1 and layer 2 attacks (see Sven-Olas mail), one can
> simply announce wrong routes (via HNA, just configure it on your
> interface, etc.).
> And all routing protocols AFAIK may suffer from routers advertising
> illegal/wrong routes. Usually this is not a serious problem because
> - on border routers (with BGPv4) one blocks neighbors advertising wrong
> routes.
> - within an AS, you have *one* organization (with interest in a working
> network)
>    and if they do not manage to get the routers working securily they
> (both the
>    admins and their bosses) are screwed anyway.
>
> 	Bernd

What do you mean with "wrong" routes? If you mean route towards nothing,
I agree: the routers in the net does the job.
Actually, I am talking about good route, in the sense they are valid as
sequence of links towards a destination, but
the LQ of the link is not calculate properly.

Giuseppe De Marco, phD
Toyota Technological Institute
468-8511 Aichi 2-12-1 Hisakata, Tenpaku-ku,
Nagoya, Japan
Email: demarco at toyota-ti dot ac dot jp
Tel (int): +81 (052)-809-1802
Skype-Id: giuseppe_dem2