[Olsr-dev] Adding new fields to TC messages through plugins

João Paulo Vilela (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 31 16:32:19 CEST 2007

Dear All,

I am working on security for OLSR and about to implement a security
plugin for it to tailor OLSR with a reputation mechanism that allows us
to detect and punish misbehaving nodes in terms of network access.

For this, we need to change the TC messages so that they can save the
path traversed by themselves through the network.

After reading the "olsrd plugin implementation howto", I am still not
sure on how to do it. Do you have an idea on how to add a new field to
TC messages through the available plugin mechanism for OLSR?

Thank you very much,

João P. Vilela