[Olsr-dev] olsrd-0.5.2 released

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 18 12:32:01 CEST 2007

Hi all,

really not a showstopper, but this time someone has fiddeled with the plugin
interface. For at least half of the plugins included with
olsrd-0.5.2.tar.bz2, the transition from PLUG_VER 4 to 5 is not complete
currently. Example: nameservice, bmf, quagga etc will not load out of the
box.

@package-maintainers: Please compile with:
make DEFINES='-DSUPPORT_OLD_PLUGIN_VERSIONS=1'

@Bernd: Can we introduce a simple "smoke test procedure"? And a wish: Can
the plugin-iface-maintainer write down a small note on what to change for
external plugins?

While I'am at it: Sme has configured a node with *two* wifi cards on *one*
device in our berlin mesh. Which has an impact to all 1-hop neighbours. If a
1-hop neigh can see both wifi cards of the double-node (here: one link sym
and one link asym) the sorting of links in LQ_HELLO announcements prefers to
send the ASYM first. Heres a fix/hack:

http://download-master.olsrexperiment.de/sven-ola/nylon/packages/olsrd/files/110-olsrd-double-wlancard-neigh-hack.patch

@thomas: Not sure what happenz if both wlan cards of that double neigh are
SYM. Did not dive to deep here. Really best ETX link preferred? Hence my
recommendation: do _not_ configure nodes which can communicate with a
one-to-multi relationship. Multi-to-Multi is OK (e.g. Concurrent Eth-Eth and
Wifi-Wifi links do work fine). Provide that you can operate "ipcalc" you can
also use the same network range <ggg>.

// Sven-Ola