[Olsr-dev] olsrd-0.5.2 released

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 18 10:13:10 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 18:23 +0200, Andreas Tønnesen wrote:
[...]
> > Windows: Thomas? One needs VisualC++ or so to build everything.
> > AFAICT I can compile CVS-HEAD (and thus all recent releases) on CygWin
> > (of course) on Win-XP and it works so far:
> > - Just install the most recent Win-Version,
> > - `cvs checkout` the HEAD,
> > - `make build_all` and
> > - `cp olsrd.exe *.dll /cygdrive/c/Programme/olsr.org` (or whereever
> > olsrd.exe lives on your host).
> > Works for me.
> >
> Right, but earlier a lot of people showed interest for the windows
> package-installer. Also, the standalone(none-cygwin dependent)
> binary would probably be of interest.

Of course this is/must be the goal. Above was just to encourage the more
adventurous people here .....

> If cygwin is the way to go here I guess I'll either remove the windows

No, I didn't (and don't) want to drive in that direction.
IMHO we will loose most of (clichee-)Windows users if the installation
is more complicated then "click on a .exe link".

> section or somebody has to build some sort of cygwin package(or
> perhaps just a plain binary?).

Plain binary leaves the plugins behind. Well, one could link all plugins
into a olsrd.exe binary (after playing with the linker and
Makefiles) ....

> Also, what is the status for Vista?

The last I remember was that Thomas was working on it and his Vista
laptop broke down (I don't think this two events are in anyway
connected;-)

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services