[olsr-dev] Adding routes from a plugin .... options

Rae Harbird (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 28 23:29:48 CET 2007

Hi

I want to add and (possibly delete) entries in the OLSR routing table
from a plugin. I have thought of a couple of ways of doing this (see
below). I will probably choose option 1 but I would like to know if you
can recommend anything better.

Having looked at the code more closely it seems that I cannot just add
routes to the OLSR routing table directly (olsr_update_route) as changes
will not persist past the next topology change.  This is because the
routing table is constructed afresh from information in the neighbour
information base and the topology control messages. I believe I have two
options if I want additional routes to persist:

1. Add a function to the pcf_list which processes the additional route
changes maintained by the plugin. The disadvantage of this is that there
will be a brief period during which these changes are not reflected in
the kernel routing table.

2. Replace one of the route update functions, say,
olsr_update_kernel_routes, with a function that ALSO processes these
additional changes. This doesn't seem too attractive since this function
will have to be replaced each time there is a new release / patch which
affects it.

Comments?

Rae

--